Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh, we're halfway there, ooooh oooh.....

......livin on a prayer, take my hand and we'll make it I swear, ooh oooh, livin on a prayer

Valentine's day marked the halfway point. 20 weeks! I cant believe how fast time is just flying by. I remember just taking one of those pee on the stick tests, being so nervous about calling the doctor to make my first appointment and having to wait 5 weeks to finally see the doctor! Now, we're halfway there! Here I am at 20 weeks:


I think I look about the same. My belly isn't get that much bigger, but I can promise you my butt is growing at a scary rate. I'm pretty sure I could compete with Kim Kardashian to see who has the bigger butt. At 20 weeks, the baby is the size of a cantaloupe and his taste buds actually work. So after reading that, I've decided no matter what I don't feel like eating, I am going to expose baby p to all different kinds of flavors so that he doesn't grow up to be a picky eater.

I'm starting to freak out a little. 20 weeks just doesn't seem like enough time for me to research and plan. Everyone keeps telling me that the motherly instinct will just naturally kick in, but I am doubtful. This weekend, I had a bittersweet moment realization. Adam and I were playing with Chloe Sat. morning and as we were "rough housing" it with her, I realized that in a few months, its not going to be just Adam and I ( and Chloe) anymore. I'm sooo super excited for baby p and I've known all along that once the baby is here, life won't be as carefree and we'll actually have to plan things, but in that moment, sitting on our bedroom floor, I got a little sad that it won't be just the two of us (plus a dog) anymore and a lot excited for the tiny new addition to our family. I'm not sure if that made any sense.

I cant decide if I want to paint the baby room. I have something picked out, but I'm not sure its going to be worth it. Does baby P really care what we do to his room? I don't think so. I think he'll be happy as long as he has a place to sleep, eat and poop.

2 comments:

  1. You look great Sus!!! I cannot believe you are halfway there! Just wait to paint the room. If you get that overwhelming "nesting" feeling and want to paint the room, then go for it! Otherwise, you can save the time and effort. Love ya! Good job keeping up with the posting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet you don't even look pregnant. I wish I get to me lucky like that!

    ReplyDelete