Sunday, October 2, 2011

Grayson's world

Lots of things going on in Grayson's little world. He's decided to be a chronic cat napper which is driving me bonkers. He has never napped well, but I used to get at least two one hour long naps throughout the day. Now, I am lucky if he goes past 30 mins. I am having a hard time accepting this because I like structure. I like to plan my days around his naps and now I cant do that anymore.

Not only did Grayson find his thumb, but he has found his hands! I cant keep them out of his mouth!
He also scoots around so much at night, that many times he ends up screaming because he is stuck like this:
Grayson is full of laughs and giggles. One of these days I am going to get it on video and learn how to upload them onto to blogger.


Now for some mommy nevers:

I never thought I would want to be a stay at home mom. Even in that first month with Grayson, I didnt think I would want to stay at home doing the same thing every day, but now I do. I love spending my days with my little man and I cant imagine being away from him for the whole day. I love every smile, laugh and cry from him and I cant stand to miss those.

I never thought I would be a mom who would join a baby bootcamp class. We workout at the mall with the babies in the stroller. It makes sense though. If the husband is away at work all day, how am I going to get a workout in if he is too small for daycare at the gym. By the way, the workouts are tough. Its time to kick my workout and eating healthy up a notch now that the sister's wedding is 20 days away.

Now for the biggest ''never" shocker, I never thought I would be this obsessed with his poop!!! I get so excited and scream with joy when he poops. They are huge blowouts too. He had been a pretty consistent pooper with one exception during his very first week at home that required a visit to the doctor. Two weeks ago, he went 2 days without pooping and then ELEVEN WHOLE DAYS without pooping. We tried everything....karo syrup, pear juice, apple plum juice, qtips and themometers up his you know where and nothing worked. Finally we just let nature take its course and after 11 days, he had a HUGE BLOWOUT. Then he went 5 days. I hope he gets a little more consistent. These blowouts are hard to manage when you are out in public or when you're about to walk out the door.

1 comment: