Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dinner

This weeks dinners have been less that successful. Monday night we had baked salmon, baked sweet potato and broccoli. I sprinkled salt and pepper onto the salmon and stuck it in the oven. I over cooked it quite a bit because I was waiting for the outside to turn pink. Little did I know, that's not how you check to see if salmon is cooked. I think its the inside thats suppose to turn pink. Although Adam likes salmon sashimi, he does not like cooked salmon. He ended up pouring garlic powder all over it. I thought it was just fine. The sweet potatoes are something that we will have to do more often though. I just tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Delish!

Tuesday night I tried to make ravioli ratatouille which basically turned out to be ravioli with canned tomatoes and zucchini a disaster. The ingredients called for eggplant, red pepper and zucchini. I'm not a fan of eggplant so I left that out, the red pepper had fuzzy mold looking stuff on the inside so I threw that away and then Adam proceeds to tell me that he does not like zucchini, but he does like zucchini bread.
I had leftovers for lunch yesterday and felt so sick I had to leave work. Too. Many. Tomatoes. I was going to have tomatoes for dinner last night, but we ended up eating dumplings and yogurt.

This is starting to become an expensive craving. $8 for a large! BUT it made my day so much better! I guess cooking is all about trial and error. Unfortunately, there seemed to be quite a few errors this weeks.

Here are some photos of my little dog, Shing. She stays with my parents, but this week I have been taking care of her since she had some teeth removed. She's 8, but still looks like a little baby in my eyes.

Resting on my belly


Day after surgery
After grooming

Ahhh....I love the little one to death! I wish she could stay with us, but two dogs is just crazy. Plus, she is not very friendly around strangers so I dont think she'll do well with a baby around.

No comments:

Post a Comment