Monday, March 28, 2011

Week Recap

I am proud to say that last week, Adam and I only ate out twice. My definition of eating out:

  • does not include lunch (I have not figured out portions so there is never enough for leftovers)
  • we do not have to pay for a meal (one night we had dinner at a neighbors and one night we had a wedding to attend)
It doesn't mean I make everything from scratch. For example, we purchased chicken ravioli and meatballs from Costco and had those as meals. Typically I dont like to buy packaged meals, but I checked the ingredients and I knew what 98% of the ingredients were. Dinner the other nights included grilled fish, mexican "flatbread" pizza and tofu steaks. Did you know that frozen fish can sometimes be the same quality, possibly better, as the fish they sell at the counters? Most of the time fish at the counters has been frozen at some point too. The tofu steaks came out okay, but I am going to improve on them this week. I used the wrong pan and I dont think I had the tofu dry enough so the crispy skin got stuck on the pan. This weeks dinners are going to be retrials of last weeks. Hopefully they will be picture worthy dinners this time!

Quick note on a wedding we went to this past weekend:

  • we had to wait an hour and a half after the ceremony ended to eat dinner because they were taking pictures....a little long if you ask me
  • during their cocktail hour which included cheese and crackers (i do not eat cheese) and a tiny piece of pork on a pancake about the size of a quarter, they did not have water! i politely asked the server if they had water and his snappy reply was "Not right now!" so I went an hour and a half with nothing to drink
I also had to work this past weekend. Boo!

Adam totally went out of his way this week for my cravings. Up until now, I havent really had any cravings except for pizza, fruit and ice cream when we had that crazy snow storm and couldnt leave the house. This week for some crazy reason, I started to crave Pinkberry and Chic-Fil-A. It couldnt be any type of frozen yogurt, it had to be Pinkberry. The closest Pinkberry is about 20 mins from our house. Luckily, he had appointments in that area was able to bring home Pinkberry two nights last week. Mango and lychee with mangos, strawberries and shaved chocolate. They pack it with ice so it doesn't melt. Pinkberry is the best because their flavors are a perfect blend of creamy and tart. Lucky for me, he has an appointment in that area again tomorrow and has promised to bring home Pinkberry! Also, I had to work on Sat. and was craving Chic-Fil-A fries. The closest one is about 15 mins from work. He was kind of in the area on Sat. so he brought some up to work. I dont know what I would have done if he had said no because they are closed on Sundays. I probably would have spent all day Sunday obsessing about their fries. He may not be the one having to endure pregnancy pains, but he's been so sweet to put up with my crazy cravings.

My sweet little dachshund had to have two teeth removed this morning. Poor little girl. I hate to see her in pain.

Random thoughts this post. Check back later this week for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment